Want to do your own thing for a great cause? Here's how to set up your very own fundraising page.If you have been directed to a charity profile, simply scroll down and click 'Start Fundraising' and then follow this process, if not, simply just follow these steps.
- Sign up with GivePenny if you aren't already on board. Make sure to verify your account by clicking the link we send to your email too!
- Go to your dashboard and hit that big "Create Challenge" button.
- Simply search for the charity you want to raise money for and click on the template you would like to use (if you started on the charity profile, you will be automatically be taken back to that charity without having to search)
NOTE - You will need to click 'USE NO CAMPAIGN' if the charity you want to fundraise for, has other challenges open that you don't want to join.
- We now need a few final details.
- Give your challenge a name - feel free to get creative or just keep it simple and descriptive. This will also form part of your URL (which is what will appear in the address bar at the top of the page).
- Pick a Start Date and End Date for your challenge.
- Lastly, you need to opt-in or out of email communications, and tick the box to let us know that you’ve read our guidance documents. We do recommend you actually read this instead of just skipping over it, but it’s not like there’ll be a test or anything. Save and Continue!
- You'll now be taken to your Challenge Page and you are ready to go!
Don't stop there! Make it personal!
By clicking on 'Edit Page' under the Welcome Back banner at the top of the page, you can customise your Challenge page as much as you like. Here is a bit more information on how to edit and update your page.
Penny Tip: Challenge pages are all about you, the Fundraiser. The charity you're raising money for is great, but it's you that your donors come here to read about. They want to hear your story and see your smiling face! So take full advantage of our page customisation options to make your Challenge stand out from the crowd.
If you've picked a challenge that involves connecting an app, we've also got a guide to connecting your apps to GivePenny right here.