London to Paris or Land's End to John o' Groats? If you want to show your supporters the route you're taking on your fundraising challenge, the Challenge Locations add-in is the tool for you!
Follow these simple steps to add in your route map:
- Open Google Maps
- Enter your end destination and then click the ‘directions’ button below this
- Then, enter your starting point and hit enter
- Choose your transport method (walking/cycling etc)
- Select the route that you want to take and then click on the icon (image below)
7. At the top of the pop out screen, click on the ‘embed a map’ tab and then copy the HTML link
8. Paste the full link into a word document and delete the information that appears before and after the main URL (remove the bits in bold – example below).
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m28!1m12!1m3!1d1263023.4812556019!2d-3.250717208541578!3d51.80903410152494!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!4m13!3e6!4m5!1s0x48798a9b76b1ca65%3A0x7728e793c7719e04!2sAshbourne!3m2!1d53.016625999999995!2d-1.732179!4m5!1s0x487257fd62333533%3A0xebeb17fada5f4737!2sWeymouth!3m2!1d50.6099306!2d-2.4546253!5e0!3m2!1sen!2suk!4v1638978227899!5m2!1sen!2suk" width="600" height="450" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen="" loading="lazy"></iframe>
9. Copy the remaining URL into the challenge locations section and your map will appear on your fundraising page.