Hey! Welcome to GivePenny Team Fundraising! We hear you’ve decided to raise money for a great cause, with the help of friends, family and co-workers. You hero, you!
You’re the Fundraising foreman. The chief. The leader. The captain of the ship. But with great power comes great responsibility, you’re up to the challenge, aren’t you? We can see it in your eyes. We know you’re eager to start raising funds and saving the world, so let us give you the lowdown on how to get started so you can crack on!
- First, you'll need to sign in to GivePenny. If you've not already got an account, you'll need to sign up with GivePenny. It's totally free and we're not about spam - so rest easy, your inbox is safe with us!
- Next, create a Fundraising Challenge. If you're new to this, don't worry mate - we've got a guide to setting up a Fundraising Challenge too.
You have to publish your Challenge page before you add team members. Them's the rules.
- Once you reach the "Congratulations!" page letting you know your Challenge Page is live, you can scroll down the page a bit, and you'll see "Create your own Fun-raising Team". Alternatively, you can also go via the "Update" button (at the top of your published challenge, and only visible to you) and scroll down to the "Team" section.
Invite fellow good humans to join your Fundraising Team by adding their first name and email address to the fields below. This will send an email to your potential team member, inviting them to join your Fundraising Team.
Penny Tip: Check the spelling. Check the spelling! ChECk thE SpelLiNg!! Typos love to turn up in other peoples’ email addresses and foil your fundraising plans.
- You’ve got a handy Team Member table to help you keep track of everyone you’ve invited to your team. The Status column will keep you updated:
- Accepted - They’ve accepted your invitation and are a member of your team! Whoop!
- Invite Sent - Your invitation has been sent but not yet responded to.
- Rejected – They rejected your invitation. Their loss.
- User Left – They just left the whole GivePenny platform and deleted their account. We won’t take it personally. *sniff sniff*
- Removed – Either you or themselves removed them from your team. If this was a mistake, don’t worry, you can re-add them.
Your Fundraising Team are assembled! Strike a heroic pose!