A troubleshooting guide to common connection issues with Strava
Have you waited for Strava to Refresh?
Sometimes data takes a while to sync, it's been known to take a maximum of 30 minutes for Strava to get your miles synced up but is often as few as 30 seconds.
Have you connected your Strava to GivePenny?
Visit your dashboard.
- Scroll down to "Connections" and check if the Strava App is showing in colour o greyed out. If it's grey you need to click on the logo of the app you'd like to connect with. This will open up a page with a Connect button. This will then take you straight to the relevant website, where you'll be asked to log in (if you aren't already logged in) or register for a free account.
- You'll then be asked to allow GivePenny permission to view your profile details. Ticking all the boxes makes sure our platform works properly. Don't worry - we don't hold these details, and we don't share or use your details beyond the fundraising page.
- You'll then be returned to your GivePenny dashboard, complete with a full-colour app logo, and any runs you've done since your challenge start date will be uploaded to your page.
Did you untick any of the boxes when connecting your app to GivePenny?
Try revoking access and then re-connecting to Strava. If you unticked any of the boxes when you first connected them, the data won’t be shared between Strava and GivePenny. To do this you’ll need to go to Strava’s website, revoke access to GivePenny and then reconnect on your dashboard, making sure not to untick any of the boxes!
Are you tracking the same activity?
Make sure both your fundraising page and your Strava activity are set to the same activity.
If your fundraising page is measuring running, it will only pull through running activities.
Are your Strava activities set to Private?
- In your Strava app go to profile
- Click the cog in the right-hand corner
- Scroll down to privacy controls Make sure that "Activities" is set to "Everyone"
Is your account connected to the correct Strava account?
Go into settings on Strava and check which email address it's using.
If it's different from your GivePenny email address, go back to the Strava website and revoke the connection and log out of Strava on the browser.
Then reconnect to GivePenny using the same credentials you've used for the Strava app.