Here are some top tips to help you smash your fundraising targets!
Your Fundraising page
- Tell a story - It’s your page, make it personal so your friends and family know why you've chosen to support this charity and why you're doing the fundraising activity you picked.
- Upload a profile photo to your dashboard. People love to see whose page they're donating to and psychologically encourages a more emotional connection leading to more donations on your page.
- Set a target - help people see what you want to achieve.
Use GivePenny's Unique Features
- We’re the ONLY place you can link a Spotify playlist to your challenge, or donate “per x”, so get people to donate to add a song whilst you’re running, or gaming, or shaving your head! Get them to donate per mile you run or how many days you’ve gone without coffee!
Donations like these account for more than 50% of donations across GivePenny
- Set yourself mini goals using Milestones, and get family and friends to pledge against them.
- Connect your profile with your apps.
We’re the home of #ConnectedGiving, so go ahead and connect! Connecting your apps increases donations three-fold (300%)
Be the first..
- By being the first to donate to your own GivePenny page, you’re setting the tone. Whether it's £5, £10 or 50p - nobody likes being the first, so once you've set the precedent others might follow suit, so give as much as you can to set the standard high!
Keep it up to date
- Update your fundraising page! Keep your family, friends and everyone else updated with your training and fundraising progress.
Do it on your GivePenny page and keep directing people to it.
- If you’ve already smashed or are close to your target with loads of time left to go… increase it! Push yourself and be ambitious
SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!
- Share your page on social media, via email, WhatsApp.... post? Just spread the word!
- Remember to keep sharing your page when you hit achievements, reach targets and ANY other time you can. People often have to see you sharing your page around 3 times before they donate.
- Timing is key. Think about when you are most active on social media, it's likely your donors will be the same. Share your page on sunday evenings as people are winding down, around pay-day or first thing in the morning when people are having their morning scroll.
Most of all, have fun!
Need help editing or updating your page? Click here to see how.
Why not add people to your team?
Raising money is way more fun in a team!
You can create a page on GivePenny and invite your friends to join your team.
It’s super easy, find out how here!
Here are some tips on how to raise more for your cause as a team.
- Get matching stuff!
T-shirts, bandanas, hats, or maybe just a Facebook cover profile?
Something that identifies you as one team in your fundraising efforts!
- Contact your local press
Ask your local press to run a story on your efforts with a photo and a link to your GivePenny
- Co-host a fundraising event. Coffee morning, bake off, quiz night, murder mystery, training run, dog walk – you name it! Invite your friends along and encourage them to donate.
- Competitive? Set weekly or monthly competitions or mini targets for your team, it keeps fundraising fresh and fun!
Goals for each team member could include each donating to your GivePenny page, sending your fundraising page URL to at least 20 people, each ask your employer to sponsor you or see if there is a donation scheme where they’ll match every penny you raise!
Addicted to coffee? Cat memes? Spreadsheets? Challenge yourself to give them up! It can raise a tonne! We all know how hard giving up something you love is, but it’s a great fundraising tool!
Here are our top tips on getting through
- Get everyone involved, don’t do it alone!
Get someone equally as addicted to something to buddy up.
- Try to replace it with something else, preferably better!
No coffee? Substitute it with water, you’ll be doing your body a favour AND raising money, it’s win-win!
- Let everyone know what you’re doing! Encourage others to join you.
The less temptation the better!
- Reward yourself for successes. Didn’t think you could stay off Instagram for a whole day? That deserves an ice cream, go ahead, treat yourself… unless you’ve given up ice cream too!
- Don’t beat yourself up if you slip-up. Just donate to your own GivePenny page, write an update to explain to your donors, and move on.
If you break one plate you don’t smash them all because you dropped one!